An amazing web site does not only attract visitors to the site but it also magnetizes them to stay longer and explore the site for some more time. This is actually the goal of online business owners. The visitors need to not only peek through the site but they need to dig deeper also with what the site can offer more to them.
So if you want to have an amazing web site then you might want to check some of these tips.
- Let’s start with the colors on your web site. It is better if you already have a company logo. From there you can choose the colors that you can use for the web site. Stick to the colors of the company logo so that when they go to your web site they can easily associate the web site with the company.
- Also the page background should contrast with the color of the text. If you have both dark colors for the text and the background, then your customers will no longer able to read the content.
- Check the loading time of your web site. There are many times that a site returned page is loading message for more than a minute. This should not be the case. People do not have the time to wait for your site to load. There are many alternatives out there so give them what you’ve got in an instant.
- If you can check the content on your site three times then do so. Why? Because you do not want to have grammatical and spelling errors on your content. This would just show that you are not a professional company.
The most common mistake any company or individual can make when venturing out on a new website project is to assume that design is everything. I can assure you that your website’s design on its own is not what will make you successful.
A quality and professional web development service is what will affect the success of your site and its online objectives. High standards (above industry) are developed for a reason, and that is to ensure the product and service you receive is of paramount quality and to a professional level, so that your website will function as intended and provide the right return on investment.
Too many businesses that are relying on the success of their website to help drive their business will bypass the crucial step of dealing with a professional development company based on price.
In this article I will reveal 10 tips to choose the right development company and how it will better your project’s success.
10 Tips to Choose the Right Web Development Company
- Track Record – Choose a company that has an established track record. Generally a web company that has more than 15+ websites that they have designed or developed in-house with case studies to show their achievements. Any qualifications or awards won will also help establish this.
- Methodology – Ensure your chosen company has a strong web development methodology or process. This means that when your chosen company develops your website you can track the progress of your project and ensure all key quality standards are covered.
- Usability – Design does play a heavy role in the development of your web project. Ensure the company you choose has strong visitor usability and user-friendly interaction knowledge. Usability is how visitors will interact with your website and how effectively they reach your end goal.
- Development Team – The company you choose should have an in-house development team. Don’t use a company that is going to send your project work off to another country or other out-sourced web companies. You don’t want to be chasing an invisible rabbit down a hole should things be affected by an unforeseen event.
- Design Team – Your web company ideally should have an in-house design team, unless you are dealing with another individual or company for design. This tip relates to tip 3, if your web company has a designer in-house this will better the success of the project as the development will mirror the design better and its objectives.
- SEO – Choose a web development company that has an understanding of search engine optimization. Another important factor to any web projects success is making sure the company you deal with knows about SEO and how it will affect your website.
- Social Media – Social media is a new form of marketing and can drive great results. Dealing with a web developer that understands this can help you drive better traffic and alternative forms of login.This tip applies to socially active websites and e-commerce based projects.
- Content – Content is the biggest thing that pushes your website and draws in your visitors. Content will be the main thing that will sell your services or product, the company you deal with should have good development techniques to structure content effectively.
- E-commerce – Choose a web development company that has e-commerce experience. E-commerce is fast becoming the biggest way to make money online, how your customers make payments is very important. Make sure you deal with a development company that can recommend and implement the best payment methods available.
- Support – The most important tip to date, your development company must be able to support you as a customer and provide ongoing maintenance and service. Work with a company that is going to be around a year from the time you employ them, too many customers I have met have been left in limbo because the company or individual they were dealing with has gone bust or skipped the country to leave you in the middle of nowhere.