While creating a website, the emphasis lays on making a good website that shows up on the first few pages of a search engine. It should also be a website that makes visitors stay on your website for as long as possible, and not drive them away.
So here are some web design tips that you can use to draw and increase web traffic.
- Make your design as simple as possible. The less clutter there is in a site, the less confusion your visitors face and the lower is the likelihood of their leaving your site. It is not necessary that your simple design be plain; you can have a beautiful and appealing website in a simple web design.
- To maximize traffic to your website, minimize its errors. Errors only turn off visitors as their concentration lies on the many errors instead of the website.
- Music can be pleasing to your ears; however it is not what most visitors will expect the first thing they hear when the page downloads. In fact, many people may move onto the next website as soon as they hear music blasting on headphones and speakers. Instead, include a control that visitors can use to turn music and video on and off as required.
- Don’t include pop-ups in your web design as it can irritate many people. Visitors will just exit the page as soon as it opens; moreover, pop-ups are also considered spam to many. This may also ruin your positive internet image.
- Another effective web design tip is to make your make your website browser friendly as different people use different search engines on the internet. No matter which browser they use, your website should open properly for them. To ensure this, test your website on different browsers, at least on Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- It is better to avoid using flash in your design as it takes longer to open and is not search engine friendly. If your website takes long to open, visitors may leave your website and head on to the next site. If you want to make your website attractive, just use some attractive graphics along with interesting and beneficial content.
- Don’t forget to make your web design easy to navigate so that your visitors find it easy to move through your site. Use SEO friendly links and an easy to follow path for your visitors to follow to prevent visitors leaving your site and heading on to the next website.
- Another tip to remember is to make you make your website appealing to both visitors and search engines. If your website is too search engine friendly, it may not work for the public. It is better to have someone who knows web designing to take a look at your web design. Use their tips for improving your web design so that it attracts more visitors.
With the help of these web design tips, you will be able to create a website that is effective at roping in maximum visitors to your website.